LAST UPDATED: October 2019
Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 01963 363000.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the Services by you (the Customer or you). We are Vale Cars Limited whose trading name is Vale Coaches a company registered in England and Wales under number 4652720 whose registered office is at Unit 2 Gibbs Marsh Trading Estate, Stalbridge, Dorset, DT10 2RY with email address email@example.com; telephone number 01963 363000; (the Supplier or us or we).
- These are the terms on which we sell all Services to you. By ordering any of the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Before placing an order on the Website, you will be asked to agree to these Terms and Conditions by clicking on the button marked ‘I Accept’. If you do not click on the button, you will not be able to complete your Order. You can only purchase the Services from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
- Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
- Customer means any person or entity acting as a Consumer to whom the Supplier has sold its products or services, or solicited to sell its products or services;
- Contract means the legally binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Services;
- Services means the trips or services advertised on the Website that we supply to you of the number and description as set out in the Order;
- Order means the Customer’s order for the Services from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
- Website means our website https://valecoaches.com on which the Services are advertised.
- The description of the Services is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other forms of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the actual trips and services supplied.
- In the case of any Services made to your special requirements, such as private hires trips, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
- All Services which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
- We can make changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
Personal information and Registration
- When registering to use the Website you must set up a username and password. You remain responsible for all actions taken under the chosen username and password and undertake not to disclose your username and password to anyone else and keep them secret.
- We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
- The description of the Services in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Services. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
- The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
- A Contract will be formed for the sale of the Services ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the date of any Services supplied under the Contract.
- Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of 7 days from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
- No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Services, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
- We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you.
Price and Payment
- The price of the Services and any additional supplemental charges is that set out on the Website at the date of the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
- Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
- You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before you can be fully booked onto the Trip with a reserved place.
Payment Protection for Short Breaks
In accordance with Passenger protection policy for insolvency cover in respect of the Package Travel & Linked Travel Regulations 2018 all passengers booking with Vale Cars Limited t/as Vale Coaches are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of all monies paid to us, including repatriation costs, arising from cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Vale Cars Limited t/as Vale Coaches.
There is no requirement for Financial Protection of day trips, and none is provided.
Consumer aware: Your booking is insured by IPP Ltd and its panel of insurers. – This insurance is only valid for passengers who book and pay directly with/to Vale Cars Limited t/as Vale Coaches. If you have booked and/or paid direct to a Travel Agent for a holiday with Vale Cars Limited t/as Vale Coaches, please request proof of how the booking is secured as this will not be covered by IPP Ltd in this instance.
This Insurance has been arranged by International Passenger Protection Limited and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Europe SE. For further information please go to www.ipplondon.co.uk
You must notify IPP as soon as practically possible giving full details of what has happened quoting the name of your Travel Operator:
IPP Claims at Cunningham Lindsey
14-15 Park Place
Cardiff CF10 3DQ, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 (0)345 266 1872
or online at https://www.ipplondon.co.uk/claims.asp
Withdrawal and cancellation
- You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
- This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation Rights) set out below. These Cancellation Rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the following services (with no others) in the following circumstance:
- services that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
Right to cancel
- Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you purchased the service.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg a letter sent by post or email). In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made. Please note the cancellation costs detailed below.
- You can also electronically fill in and submit the cancellation form to cancel the Contract on our website com. If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation by email without delay.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
- Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you minus any cancellation changes as detailed below.
Timing of reimbursement
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:
- distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;
- Following expiration of the distance selling cancellation period, Cancellation of tours and excursions by the Customer, will incur the following scale of cancellation charges as a percentage of the holiday/excursion price. There will be no refund on theatre trips where tickets for a show is included in the price of the trip.
- More than 42 days before departure Loss of deposit (15% on tours & mini breaks & 20% on excursions)
- 29 – 42 days before departure 30% of holiday cost or 50% of excursion cost
- 15 – 28 days before departure 45% of holiday cost or 75% of excursion cost
- 1 – 14 days before departure 100% of holiday or excursion costs
Vale Coaches Specific Day Trip and Short Break Conditions
- Vale Coaches reserves the right to cancel any Tour or Excursion due to operational circumstances or insufficient bookings. In this event all monies paid to the Company will be re-paid in full. In the event of lack of bookings, the cancellation period will not be less than 4 weeks on a Break (over 4 days), 2 weeks on Mini breaks of 2 or 3 day duration and 1 week on Day excursions.
- The Vale Coaches reserves the right, without making any increase or reduction in the price charged to substitute other hotels or restaurants of the same standard for those advertised and to use hotel annexe accommodation.
- Where transport, accommodation or other services forming part of the tour are not directly provided by Vale Coaches, then:
- Vale Coaches acts only as agent for such person, company or undertaking in making the necessary arrangements
- Vale Coaches shall be under no liability whatsoever to the customer of the customers personal representatives or dependants for or in respect or in consequence of:
- Personal injury or death
- Loss of or damage to baggage, personal effect or other property
- Delay, deviation, alteration or other irregularity
- Inconvenience, discomfort, mental distress, loss of expense
- Where the Short Break is booked directly via the website or telephone, a deposit of at least £75.00 of the total holiday/excursion value, which is not re-fundable, is required at the time of booking, the balance to be paid six weeks prior to departure.
- Deposits are not available for Day Breaks and Theatre Trips
- If Vale Coaches considers it necessary to alter the cost of the tour, due to reasons outside of its control (such as excessive fuel increases, taxes, exchange, rates, hotel or other supplier costs), the Vale Coaches reserves the right to do so and then to notify the customer who has the right to:
- continue their tour at the increased price
- to cancel their booking whereby the company will refund all monies paid in full#
- to transfer to another tour which the company may have to offer
- The fare charged includes a reserved seat (agreed at the time of booking) and any item stated in the appropriate tour itinerary.
- Only meals described in the itinerary are included in the tour
- All Customers taking part in any excursion or tour are fully covered by the company’s public liability insurance and that of the company’s suppliers. However, all passengers are advised to take out personal travel insurance covering illness and repatriation on European destinations plus loss of personal effects and cancellation of the tour due to illness.
- Should a customer feel they have cause for complaint, this complaint should be made in writing within 10 days after the tour has taken place. It is important that the company representative is advised at the time and that the company is given the opportunity to assist in rectification of the complaint. The company cannot investigate or consider a complaint if this has not happened.
- Vale Coaches reserves the right to change the date of any Excursion due to operational circumstances. In this event the Client can continue on the new date or the Company will provide a full refund.
- On all European Tours and Excursions customers are required to bring a current passport with visa’s if appropriate for all countries visited and for the duration of the tour. Vale Coaches is not responsible for any client costs or expenses relating to incorrect documentation or Immigration decision resulting in refusal of entry.
- With Group reservations, the client lead name will be responsible for all members of their party and will be held responsible for damage to the Vale Coaches property or that of any third party or claim as a result levied against the Us.
- We shall not be responsible for any delays and resultant costs or losses which are beyond the companies control, providing a reasonable time allowance has been given. Unless where the delay is caused by mechanical breakdown and it can be shown that the failure was due to company poor maintenance or negligence.
- We have a legal duty to supply the Services in conformity with the Contract and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
- The Service will:
- be of satisfactory quality;
- be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Services which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
- conform to their description.
- It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
Successors and our sub-contractors
- Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
- the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
- the party’s obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer’s above rights relating to a booking and any right to cancel, below.
- Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regard to your personal information.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- ‘Data Protection Laws’ means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR.
- ‘GDPR’ means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
- ‘Data Controller’, ‘Personal Data’ and ‘Processing’ shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
- We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing Services to you.
- Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Services to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Services to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
- before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
- we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
- we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
- we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
- For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can contact Office Manager at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier’s other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to the Customer’s business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer – because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Services wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
- The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
- Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: If a dispute occurs customers should contact us to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 5 days.